NBA Commentator Calls Jianlian Yi "The Chinaman"

Possible arguments that this commentator might make:

1) I am not a racist! I had no intention whatsoever of using a racial slur. I called him a Chinaman because it's an accurate description of Yi Jianlian. He is a man, from China, hence Chinaman. It is in no way, shape, or form derogatory.

2) I am sorry if you feel offended by my comment, but it is simply not true that I was trying to offend anyone.

3) I am simply uneducated and did not know that Chinaman is a racial slur. I sincerely apologize for my usage of this word and promise that this will never happen again.

Call me a cynic, but out of all the possible scenarios, I'd say that based on similar experiences in the past, 1 and 2 are probably more likely to take the cake.

Who is this commentator anyway? I'd like to send him a nasty email.

No comments available.

Mike wrote 4 years 51 weeks ago

re: NBA Commentator Calls Jianlian Yi "The Chinaman"

Don't forget "I even have friends that are Chinese!"

Anonymous wrote 4 years 51 weeks ago

re: NBA Commentator Calls Jianlian Yi "The Chinaman"

Yi Jianlian has worked his way up to become part of the NBA, only to be ridiculed by an official, racist commentator.Ridiculous.

Harry wrote 4 years 51 weeks ago

re: NBA Commentator Calls Jianlian Yi "The Chinaman"

Yao Ming was called Chinaman a few years ago by announcer Steve Kerr who claimed he had no idea it was offensive.

Anonymous wrote 4 years 51 weeks ago

re: NBA Commentator Calls Jianlian Yi "The Chinaman"

I suspect... that it will go by completely unnoticed.

Fu Manchu wrote 4 years 51 weeks ago

re: NBA Commentator Calls Jianlian Yi "The Chinaman"

"Nice pass and a dunk by the Chinaman!"

Lxy wrote 4 years 50 weeks ago

re: NBA Commentator Calls Jianlian Yi "The Chinaman"

In honor of the NBA and White media shills everywhere, I have to say that the video clip was a rousing piece of commentary by a Cracker-Ass-Cracker man. ;)

Anonymous wrote 4 years 50 weeks ago

re: NBA Commentator Calls Jianlian Yi "The Chinaman"

Nice article. I thought to let you know that you website isn't getting displayed properly on blazer web browser on my pda.I wish that increasingly number of webmasters would deliberate upon the fact that there is an ever growing number of users browsing webpages on the mobile.Regards

About The Author

Lisa Lee

Lisa Lee works in User Operations at Facebook, and has more than five years of nonprofit experience in marketing and communications for multicultural arts and cultural organizations.