1) Sam Chanse (Kearny Street Workshop's mistress of the arts)
2) Ali Wong (diminuitive, bespectacled Hyphen hoochie cover girl)
3) One of those Asian Am scene photographers
4) A member of a local indie Asian American band
5) Someone from Hyphen (possibly stoned)
Who did I leave off? Post in comments.
Editor in chief Lisa Wong Macabasco joined Hyphen in 2006; she was previously the magazine's features editor. She has written for Mother Jones, the San Francisco Bay Guardian, AsianWeek, Audrey, Filipinas and ColorLines’ RaceWire. She graduated from U.C. Berkeley and Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism and co-founded the National Asian American Student Conference. A former editor at AsianWeek newspaper, she currently works as an editor in the marketing department of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
Since we are run entirely by volunteers, all donations go toward the production and marketing of the magazine. Donate today and become a member of our Overachievers Club. For a $50 donation you'll get a free subscription (and virtual hugs).